We met at Kent Lake Beach. Lane, Jim, Rhonda and Karis Floyd (the Park Manager). We met with Diane Andreassi. We talked about the Friends group and the types of activities that go on at The Park. Diane is planning an article in the next few weeks.
We discussed the projects for the coming year will likely include:
- helping to fund a children’s playground and Spring Mill Pond
- A children’s organic green garden by the Huron River
- Informational kiosks throughout The Park
- Music concerts to raise funds for these projects
- Assisting Great American Backyard Campout (a National Program by the National Wildlife Federation with the goal getting families started in camping)
- Supporting the park in conducting the Harvest Festival in the fall of 2014
Please join us at our next meeting is September 24th. 7 pm at The Island Lake offices at Kensington and Grand River.
13680 Grand River Rd
Brighton, MI 48116