Hi, we are having a special meeting next Tuesday, March 17 at 4:30 pm to discuss a grant request to REI. The meeting will be at the dam on Kent Lake where canoes and kayaks are put in the water. This is to the left side of the main beach on Kent Lake. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss submission of an REI grant for a launch slide. Here are pictures of a launch slide that the Huron River Watershed Authority recently installed.
At the meeting Tuesday we will discuss and decide if we want to submit a grant request to REI for a similar slide for Island Lake. By way of background, an improved launch ramp at the river is badly needed and one of our five goals for this year (see our 2015 goals below).
In other news, we recently received a $500 donation to support a youth organic garden at the park for children to learn gardening in the outdoors.
Everyone is invited to the Tuesday meeting. Hope you can make the meeting.
Goals for 2015: At our November meeting we set five Project goals for 2015 as follows:
1) Creation of hiking/cross country trails separate from biking trails
2) Competition of the canoe access ramps
3) An organic garden for children to learn gardening in the outdoors.
4) Construction of the connecting trail to the paved trail at Lee Rd.
5) Creation of a beginner/family bike trail