Paddle-Pedal at Island Lake Recreation Area
Saturday, September 19th, noon to 4:00PM
In recognition of Michigan Trails Week, the Friends of Island Lake will be hosting a Paddle-Pedal on September 19 from 12-4pm.
Come and enjoy the scenic Huron River with a 1-2 hour Paddle from the Kent Lake Dam to Riverbend Picnic Shelter. Then Pedal bicycles 3 miles back along the parks paved pathway. Bring your own bicycle and boat, or rent a canoe or kayak through Heavner Canoe Rental at Island Lake near the Kent Lake Dam.
How it works:
– Drop your bicycle at Riverbend in our attended bicycle storage area.
– Drive to the Kent Lake parking lot with your boat.
– Drop your boats in the river at our new canoe launch below the dam.
– Enjoy one of the finest natural stretches of the Huron River Water Trail.
– Take out at Riverbend, check your boat in, and bike back to Kent Lake.
– Load your bike and pick up your boat at Riverbend unless it is a rental.